You'll notice my pictures are limited and mediocre. I was busy with Jeremy's Kodak video camera and didn't take pictures everywhere I went. Momma got more, so I will post those at some point.
Our trip started on Monday, July 5th. Momma and Daddy came to pick me up about 8:20. It was a long day of riding. I slept most of the day. I guess I was a little worn out from the summer. We left Georgia, went through South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and ended up in Pennsylvania at the end of the day. This is our normal summer route on the way to Cape Vincent so I didn't feel the need to look around at the sites the whole day! We ate at a Wendy's for lunch and an IHOP for dinner. At lunch Momma and I both ordered a spicy chicken salad. I had gotten tired of fried foods from camps, so I didn't want anything fried, but I justified it because it was a salad and I had already decided to get some type of salad. Since Momma ordered it I thought she had tried it before. We have similar tastes in that we don't like spicy things so I didn't think twice about it. Well she took the first bite and made me aware of the kick he felt after swallowing! I decided I'd take thecrust/covering off and just have the plain chicken. Well after pulling off all the crust, I decided I'd put on the salad dressing like any normal person. I've had a hard time opening things since "the fall" which explains why the next part happens. I open, or tried to open, the packet of dressing and pour it on my salad. Instead it squirts all over my drink and even got into the water from the lid. GROSS! I took off the lid and tried to get the globs out of the drink. By the time I finally was ready to eat Momma and Daddy were nearly finished. They didn't have to wait on me though because I haven't been able to eat alot after "the fall". I was finished before they were. We tried to stop and go to a natural bridge but it was quite expensive and not really worth it for a natural bridge, so we drove on. That night we stopped in Pennsylvania at what looked like a hotel we had stayed at in the past. I remember the hotel because we had a bad experience. Number 1: It was really stinky-smoke all around.Number 2: There was a lounge on the first floor and the smoke was all over the place. Number 3: They didn't have a continental breakfast. Instead it was a restaurant pretty much where the lounge was, and Grandmother and Paw-Paw ate there. I remember them complaining about the price because they didn't get much food or what they really wanted. Well they must have done lots of remodeling or maybe another exit looks exactly like the one where we stayed because it was a totally different place! It was very pleasant!
Day 2:
We went through the Gettysburg battlefields on our way out of Pennsylvania. At one point I felt like I was going to faint, but I kept taking deep breaths. Since the fall I have carried water and crackers with me everywhere. Well, every time except this time. I left it in the car. The pictures here were pretty lame because it was more of a lady talking to us. It was just field after field, and story after story. Sorry...
Me and Abe
Little Round Top
For lunch, we ate at Hoss's family steak restaurant. It was a little sketchy, but we all got the salad bar and happily ate the food! Daddy loves places like this. We left Pennsylvania and drove through New York. Momma was driving at this point because Daddy was tired. During this point, we went through NYC and she was listening to Nelly 2 (GPS) and took a turn a little too early. Needless to say, we ended up right in NYC instead of going around! Then we went to Boston. We got there when it was dark so we drove around trying to figure out where to go since Nelly 2 wasn't programed in to go to a hotel. We ended up staying at a Mariott. We got to the room and the door wasn't closed. We opened it up and the window was open and it was hot, so we called the front desk. The lady said they were doing remodeling and she was sorry. We moved down the hall.
Day 3:
We toured Boston most of the day. We got on one of the Old Town Trolley tours. I've been on one of these in the past. I can't remember if it was in NYC or Savannah... somewhere though.
There were 15 stops along the way. We got to see Paul Revere's house, the Old North Church, U.S.S. Constitution, the Old State House, Quincy Market, place of the Boston Massacre, Fenway Park, swan boats, Cheer's bar, Boston Commons, and some other places. We saw where they read the Declaration of Independence. We ate in the Quincy Market. It was like a food court down one huge hallway. There were over 100 restaurants I'd never heard of!
I loved the cobblestone streets.
Paul Revere's house. We got to go in it. I didn't know he had 16 children. 8 with one wife and she died after the 8th one and 8 with another wife. This is the only wooden house still standing in Boston.
Statue of Revere. We got to go in the Old North Church right behind the statue.
I loved this fire station. The engine was actually coming out when I took the picture. It has some features that were for when horses used to carry the carts. It was pretty neat.
Swan boat.
Boston from a bridge.
We then drove through the rest of Massachusetts, through New Hampshire, and into Maine. We ended up eating at a little restaurant in Maine by the bay.
Day 4:
Momma and I ate breakfast at a little diner called Becky's because the hotel had an $11.99 buffet. Then we all toured around Portland, Maine on a trolley. We went to Head Light lighthouse where the view was spectacular. Here are some of my favorite.
This is the view from our room.
After the tour we decided to eat at Becky's for lunch. We had the same waitress. It was too funny. Then we went to Kennebunk Port and saw the beaches. They had some really neat rocks on their beaches. After that we drove to Providence, Rhode Island and saw the capital and surrounding city. We got a little turned around when we tried to find a hotel on the outskirts of the city and ended up back in Massachusetts. Daddy was going to turn around and I told him he was turning around in a Holiday Inn Express parking lot. Instead of turning around he got us a room. Daddy insisted on getting a cart for our stuff. Since I can't carry a lot of stuff still he thought he'd put the stuff on the cart. Well some of the stuff fell off the cart and spilled out everywhere and Momma laughed at the cart of pillows. Literally it was holding the pillows and Daddy's bag while we were holding everything else. It was hilarious! The room was extremely hot and the air wouldn't come on, so we changed rooms- 2nd time on this trip.
Day 5:
We drove through Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, and ended up in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It rained on us on and off through the day and we got stuck in a little traffic, but we made it to Philly around 3. We checked in and the bell-boy brought our bags up to the room and he made a comment about the air in the room. The room was supposed to be out of service. HA- 3rd time we moved rooms! After all of that, we tried to get to the U.S. Mint and Federal Reserve building, but didn't make it before they closed. We were a few minutes late. Oh well. Instead we went to see the Liberty Bell. We also got to walk around the city, eat, and then go on a ghost tour. The ghost tour was not the best we had been on, but it provided us for some entertainment for the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment