Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Month 7-8

Please forgive me for the short and sweet summary of the month. It was a CRAZY month at school. I will be better next month!

May 1: First time eating peas.... He didn't like them AT all!

May 7: L and I took a trip to Costco to get a few things for a wedding shower. On the way home, I heard a little grunting and put my car in park at a red light to give him the pacifier. A few minutes later the noise stopped and I just smelled something stinky! When I got home he was asleep so I let him sleep in his carseat in his room for a little bit. He woke up crying, but as I picked him up I felt something wet on my arm. I looked down and saw the poop coming out of the diaper and on my arm so I did what any person would do. ha... I held him away from my body and went to the laundry room to the sink. I sat him there and I took off his clothes. I got a few wipes and tried to get him clean but then decided it would be best to just give him a bath. I didn't want to get his little tub dirty so I just turned on the faucet but quickly realized one important part of the plan was missing: The washcloth. Yet again, I did what every person would do (riiiiight).... I used my hand to make sure all of it was off instead of picking the wet boy up and taking him to the drawer to get a washcloth. After he was clean and clothed I kept trying to figure out why the smell was still lingering and soon realized the carseat had some goodies in it as well. I then got to clean the carseat and the smell finally went away.

May 9: L's first time at a 5k to support Mum. 

May 10: First Mother's Day as a mother. He gave me a sweet card and a big picture frame with a collage of all my favorite pictures of him. We also had baby dedication at church that night. Many family members came and then some of us went to dinner afterwards. 

May 12: First time eating carrots... Mam-ma fed them to him. At first he didn't know what to think about them. She alternated the rice cereal and the carrots, but then by the end of the day he was just eating the carrots and he liked these much better than the peas.

May 14: First time eating squash... Miriam fed them to him. He gobbled them down.

May 11 and 14: Daddy had events at Grace and Mum had a concert and awards program at school so Grandpa Gary came over. The first time, he took L to visit some friends but they weren't home. The second evening they played and walked around outside.

May 15: First time eating green beans...Ci-Ci fed them to him. He gagged a few times but then he was good.

May 20 and 21: L got to go over to Daphne's for part of the day because Miriam had to go to Micah's school for an awards program and end of the year party. Since he wouldn't like to sit through all that stuff, Daphne agreed to take him for a little bit. On the first day Miriam dropped him off and made a comment about how much fun he would have and he said, "uh uh." The next day it happened again. Daphne asked him something about staying there and he said, "uh uh." Even though he made noises to sound like he wasn't happy about being there, he had lots of fun. The first day Reece was there too, so he had lots of friends with which to play!

May 20: We went out on a date for our anniversary and cousin Tiffany came over to watch and play with L.

May 22: Ci-Ci had a friend in town and couldn't keep L during the day so Mam-Ma volunteered instead. However, she had an appointment during the day so Pam-pa came over to keep him for a little bit. This was his first time keeping L. He got to play with him, feed him, change his diaper, and put him down for a nap!

May 23: First time running at the park with Mum. We met the cross country kids there and were the sweepers to make sure no one got left behind. He also got to go to his first graduation party (at the Kindig's house). Scott met me at the door and immediately took him from me! That night we went to P.F. Changs with Kellie and J.P. and L got to sit in a booster seat for the first time. He kept twisting around but he did great! This was his second trip to the restaurant but his first time outside of his carseat. I even gave him a crayon to see if he would draw on the kids menu- no such luck though. At the end of the meal the waiter brought a fortune cookie for L and said, "I couldn't tell how old he was." No teeth yet.... so that means no fortune cookie or proverb for him this time. We were out until around 9 though and was amazing! He loves being in public. When most people keep their tired or whiny child away from public places, we don't shy away because he loves to look around.

May 25: First Memorial Day parade and other festivities with the family. He loved the parade and even made it into the background of a picture in the newspaper. He got to go to Sonny's for the first time, since that is another tradition. Then he got to go swimming in the newly opened pool at Mam-ma and Pam-pa's house. He wasn't too thrilled with the chilly water though. The excitement of the day caused him to be awake most of the day with a 10 minute cat nap here and there. 

No comments: